The MetaPULSE® III offers superior on-product measurements of ultrathin to thick opaque films with a low cost of ownership on a versatile platform that can speed ramping and maximize production yield.
The MetaPULSE III offers the latest advances in Rudolph's established, patented picosecond laser sonar (PULSE™) technology and can also incorporate other metrology technologies in the same tool for superior film measurement and characterization. This allows customized metrology solutions for process development and production monitoring in each fab area. The MetaPULSE III further provides industry-leading throughput, a small footprint, and ease of fab integration for a low cost of ownership.
- Dual wavelength 400/800nm PULSE ultra-fast laser for Al and Cu applications
- <10x10 micron spot size assures measurement capability on product wafers in 30x30 micron or smaller test sites
- Measure up to 50 WPH with gauge-capable precision
- Highly repeatable measurements of metals films from 50Å to 8µm
- Optimized for line array CMP metrology
- In addition to thickness, PULSE Technology can determine RMS roughness, material density, adhesion, material phase, and interlayer reactions, as well as low-k and ultra low-k ILD modulus
- Automation options capable of handling 150, 200, 300mm wafers
MetaPULSE-III for Measurement of GST Layers in PRAM Memory Devices
In-die Cu Thickness Monitoring of Memory Chip
Characterizing CMP Processes with Picosecond Ultrasonic Metrology
Characterization of Copper Line Array Erosion with Picosecond Ultrasonics
Measuring the Young’s Modulus of Ultralow-K Materials with the Non-Destructive Picosecond Ultrasonic